It’s been a while since the last update. I fell into one of those cycles where I was always convincing myself I’d post an update just as soon as I made some more progress on the next feature.
- got a repeatable debian packaging process setup for the server side agent
- setup a apt repo on S3 to make the packages available “apt-get”
- created a shell script to automate all the steps in the server side install process
- working cross platform desktop client using the Chromium Embedded Framework
- new security and authentication strategy for the client and server components
I’ve been cranking away diligently trying to get some useable software in your hands by the end of year! It’s looking like I’ll be able to make that happen! I’m pulling everything together and planning to release what I have on December 26th.
Here’s a summary of progress since the last update. More…
Lots of goodies in this update! Before getting to those I have one quick housekeeping note.
I’m moving away from the weekly goal setting concept. It seems to work great when the goals fall into the right sweet spot of available time and smooth development. But outside of that narrow window it ends up creating un-needed stress and pressure.
Onto the goodies! More…
I hope everyones September is off to a great start! This update is a few days behind as things on the work front have been pretty hectic lately.
I had a chance to make some progress this weekend and I’m getting close to having the edit/delete functionality for the server list complete. I also managed to add a bunch of unit tests over the weekend for the Server data model and localStorage interactions. More…
Last weeks goals came out well! Just having them posted publicly definitely helped keep me focused and on track! After this week I promise to start posting some screenshots along with these updates.
Hey everyone, I hope your August is off to a great start! I was bummed I didn’t get a chance to post a July update. Unfortunately I didn’t get to make as much progress as I was hoping in July.
I changed jobs and that whole process ended up consuming quite a lot of time and energy in July. Happily I’m now at a better place with more flexible hours! More…
I hope everyones June is off to a great start! I’ve been making steady progress since the last update.
The first set of features are in place on a solid foundation. While there’s sooo much I’d like to add I think it’s better to get the very first version in your hands and continue developing with direct feedback from you guys.